Lack of Maintenance:
The failure to find and correct minor roof deterioration in the earliest stages is probably the greatest cause of premature roof problems.
All roofing materials deteriorate from exposure to the weather at rates determined largely by the kind of material and the conditions of exposure.
Roofing materials are subject to damage from strong winds and flying debris. Generally, roofs are not designed to withstand winds of hurricane and tornado intensity.
Improperly Designed Roof:
An improperly designed roof can trigger the following issues:
- Flashing problems and failures
- Base-flashing problems
- Metal base flashing and bituminous counter issues
- Metal counter flashing problems
- Penetration flashing problems
- Drain flashing problems
- Gravel stop and metal edge strip problems
- Problems with rooftop equipment, signs, braces, and supports