At Remtek, we repair your current roof leaks and complete an evaluation for additional problems that could be potential roof leaks in the future. It’s our attention to the little details that help to prevent possible damage to your facility and its assets.
- Drain in gutters, downspouts and scuppers
- Counterflashing areas including reglets and termination points
- Roof penetrations and projections common to pipes, vents and HVAC units
- Membrane conditions such as blisters, ridging, splits and punctures
- Roof accessories such as pitch pans, skylights and expansion joint
Typical Causes of Roof Problems
Lack of Maintenance :
The failure to find and correct minor roof deterioration in the earliest stages is probably the greatest cause of premature roof problems.
All roofing materials deteriorate from exposure to the weather at rates determined largely by the kind of material and the conditions of exposure.
Roofing materials are subject to damage from strong winds and flying debris. Generally, roofs are not designed to withstand winds of hurricane and tornado intensity.
- Improper Design
- Flashing Failures
- Base-Flashing Problems
- Metal Base Flashing and Bituminous Counter flashing Problems
- Metal Counter flashing Problems
- Penetration Flashing Problems
- Drain Flashing Problems
- Gravel Stop and Metal Edge Strip Problems
- Problems with Rooftop Equipment, Signs, Braces and Supports
Download PDF of complete descriptions